Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

  1. #1
    Inactive Member brad.lovell.photography's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2009
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

    So after a long break from this forum, I'm finally back with some action from the Raider Football games.

    If you're interested in seeing the action I've captured, you can check out all the pics from the Jamboree and last nights game vs Rye Cove by clicking HERE

    I've also got a blog post up on my photographry blog site if you're interested in viewing it. You can view the blog by clicking HERE
    Feel free to leave some blog love if you'd like!! (Please note any negative or vulger feedback on the blog will not be approved, please just share your thoughts on the photos)

    I'll be posting pics from each game as the season moves on. Hope you enjoy these and that everyone has a great weekend!!
    Brad Lovell
    [URL="http://www.bradlovellphotography.com"]My Website [/URL]
    [URL="http://www.bradlovellphotography.com/blog"]My Blog [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member BORNRED's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2005
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

    great pics man!! look forward to seeing more through the year.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member WarEaglePride's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2005
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

    Too bad you didnt get a pic of the clipping that was 2 yards out of bounds in front of the referee on the 57 yard screen that went for a td. I will post the pic and video when i get the game film tomorrow. I think the officials need to attend more workshops or something. Its not just us, alot of teams are complaining about it. They stressed the horse collar rule in pregame. Well it happened in front of the ref and our coaches and our coaches asked why it wasnt called and the ref said he had the shoulder pads and not the jersey. Well duh yeah thats what horse collar tackle is. Ive seen better officiating in a little league ping pong tournament.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by WarEaglePride View Post
    Too bad you didnt get a pic of the clipping that was 2 yards out of bounds in front of the referee on the 57 yard screen that went for a td. I will post the pic and video when i get the game film tomorrow. I think the officials need to attend more workshops or something. Its not just us, alot of teams are complaining about it. They stressed the horse collar rule in pregame. Well it happened in front of the ref and our coaches and our coaches asked why it wasnt called and the ref said he had the shoulder pads and not the jersey. Well duh yeah thats what horse collar tackle is. Ive seen better officiating in a little league ping pong tournament.
    Why complain about a call when the guy is sharing his pictures with us? You don't have to be a sore loser and wreck his thread because of it. It isn't like it was a one-touchdown game, after all.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by WarEaglePride View Post
    Too bad you didnt get a pic of the clipping that was 2 yards out of bounds in front of the referee on the 57 yard screen that went for a td. I will post the pic and video when i get the game film tomorrow. I think the officials need to attend more workshops or something. Its not just us, alot of teams are complaining about it. They stressed the horse collar rule in pregame. Well it happened in front of the ref and our coaches and our coaches asked why it wasnt called and the ref said he had the shoulder pads and not the jersey. Well duh yeah thats what horse collar tackle is. Ive seen better officiating in a little league ping pong tournament.
    If you clip somebody when you're out of bounds is that a penalty? As for a the horsecollar rule, there is a difference in how the tackle is called a penalty. I think the only way it's called a penalty if it is by the jersey, so he was right. Of course, if not for those 2 calls that would have completely negated the 30+ point beating.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member WarEaglePride's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2005
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

    Wasnt trying to wreck his thread. Burton is a **** good team, probably state champions this year. As for the horse collar, we went over that pregame and yes the shoulder pads count. But during the game it didnt. As for a sore loser, nope not one. Those calls wouldnt have changed the outcome.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

    For a horse collar in HS it has to be that the player grabs inside of the jersey collar or shoulder pads, and it can be from behind or the side. Also, that contact must be what takes the runner down. If another player assists in the tackle, the horse collar is not the action that makes the tackle, so therefore there is no foul.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member brad.lovell.photography's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2009
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.I. Burton Raider Football Pics

    Thanks to everyone who has viewed the pics. Nothing like being out on the field for some Friday night action and watching these kids play with all their hearts.

    It's so much fun to be out there with these kids and just being able to interact with them. Hopefully it'll be a safe and fun season for each team and all the players!
    Brad Lovell
    [URL="http://www.bradlovellphotography.com"]My Website [/URL]
    [URL="http://www.bradlovellphotography.com/blog"]My Blog [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •